Friday, June 21, 2013

The Neglected Post

So I guess I've been forgetting to update my blog.  There isn't too much excitement going on on the veggie front.  I did have a great conversation about Tofu with the stock boy at the no-frills near my place, and I also discover that the best cilantro is hiding there.

I confessed to my beef country parents that we went veggie.  Mostly because we are visiting them this weekend and I didn't want them to spend their money buying the standard large hunk of peameal bacon they use our visits as an excuse to buy.  So now I have to find some kind of veggie burger paddy to eat this weekend, from what I understand this is a real hit or miss item.  Good thing there will be other items at the BBQ.*

I do have to admit I constantly feel hungry.  I don't know if it's the emotional woe of running out of work, or the fact that I'm not eating meat.  I still don't really miss or crave meat, but I just don't feel quite satisfied.  I think the introduction to tofu is helping, but I need to put some of my recipe research into play.  Hubs is not noticing the same thing, so I'm leaning towards woe.  Good thing I have a job interview next week.

Hubs is also very proud of himself for ordering vegetarian yesterday when the office ordered Swiss Chalet.  I think the concept that we still CAN have meat out makes us okay to NOT have meat.  I find when you totally ban something from your life it's all you can think of eating.  Like stating "I'm never going to eat chocolate again!" pretty much guarantees I'll be eating it by the end of the day.

So this weekend will be our first weekend out of house, it should be interesting to see how we handle the possible lack of options.  The reality is that my husband and kid will be okay, it's just that I will probably just eat potato chips all weekend and ew ew ew at the casserole-like salads I don't like (like potato salad).  Note to self, forget the dessert I'm to bring and bring a side...


*side note to above.  Apparently I have more veggie facebook friends than I thought and in the time it took to write this blog I have 3-4 good suggestions for veggie burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment